Skip to main content

Food Review: Wakon Japanese Restaurant @ Damansara Uptown




This is my first time visit to the Wakon Japanese Restaurant, it has been operating at Damansara Utama for 2 years since 2014, and it's run by a Hong Kong chef who has the love for Japanese cuisine. After working in the F&B industry in Hong Kong for years, he decided to move his restaurant business to Malaysia, as he fell in love with the laid back and relaxed environment in Malaysia.


Just like the Japanese spirit, the Wakon Japanese Restaurant has been about having the innovative spirit while keeping the Japanese tradition. Stepping into the restaurant, you’ll be greeted by a simple and comfortable Japanese Izakaya-style interior, look at the image below:









Being an Izakaya restaurant, Wakon has a very simple menu which mainly consists of grilled dishes such as Pork Neck Skewers, BBQ Squid, BBQ Chicken Wings and many more. On top of these, Wakon offers ala carte menu, such as rice options, ramen and their signature such as Black Truffle Mixed with Udon. To ensure their customer has the best experience, Wakon is determined in serving quality dishes. Since it’s an Izakaya restaurant, you can expect to savour some Sake over your meal at Wakon.

You may refer the menu at below:














Foods that I tried:





Crab Roe Salada RM13.90
"This is really delicious!
Once I place it into my mouth,
I fall in love with it."





Wasabi Gyoza RM14.90
"Gyoza is a Japanese dish consisting of wonton wrappers stuffed with pork and cabbage.
What special is they add on the wasabi and roe, it tastes perfect!"




BBQ Pork Belly RM6.90 per stick
"If you worry about gaining weight by consuming too much pork?
Order one(1) stick of the BBQ Pork Belly, and share your finds.
It's really delicious. Must Try!!!"



BBQ Squid RM18.90

"I don't eat squid, so I can't say anything about it;
but from others, they said it's delicious."



BBQ Pork Neck Meat RM7.90 per stick
"This is yum yum YUM YUMMY~!!!"



BBQ Brinjal RM9.90
"Surprisingly!
This brinjal tastes delicious and juicy"



Black Truffle Mixed Handmade Udon RM46.90
"Guess what?!
This is 1 of my favorite.
Must TRY!!!"



"Look at it!!!
It's made me craving for it every time I look at it."




Mentaiko Chicken Wings RM12.90 (1 set 2 pcs)
"This is not a normal chicken wing,
inside of it is full of marinated roe of pollock and cod,
that makes it so special and tasty.
Must Try!!!"



Tomato Udon RM8.50
"This is nice, and I love the taste."




Tonkatsu Udon RM8.50

"This is nice, and I love the taste.
Actually, most of their foods are really tasty and delicious.
You have to check them out."



Meet the boss Sunny ^_^ A very nice guy



This is Cold Sake

"Personally, love the vase so much,
and it tastes good."




Hot Sake

"They also serve hot sake."



For an authentic Japanese Izakaya experience, drop by Wakon Japanese Restaurant to have a drink or two while you enjoy some of their light bites. Don’t forget to follow their Facebook page for more updates too.



Address:
No 75, Ground Floor, Jalan SS21/1A, Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya, 47400 Selangor.

Contact no: 
03-7733 5996




Business Hours:
Mon-Sun
12.00pm – 3.00pm
6.00pm – 11.30pm
10.45pm Last Call

Looking to shop while you're in the area? Head on over to my blog post about a boutique in Dataran Sunway called "At Ten Shop" to get some benefits when you shop there!

Comments

  1. The decor of the restaurant definitely brings me back to Japan and the food looks mouthwateringly good!

    Much love,
    Everest
    www.everestsays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not only looks mouthwatering, they are really delicious :)

      Delete
    2. It's not only looks mouthwatering, they are really delicious :)

      Delete
  2. not a fans of japanese food but will recommend this restaurant to my friends :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ambiance look cool and perfect for dining. Looking at menu the choices selection is superb too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the foods are delicious too
      Order those with I marked them with LOVE
      You won't get disappointed :)

      Delete
  4. Black Truffle Mixed Handmade Udon looks special. I should try it instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than Sake, Black Truffle Mixed Handmade Udon is my TOP 2 favorite

      Delete
  5. why u dont eat squids?they look delicious..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since young, just don't like the texture of squids, octopus & jelly fishes
      but my bf ate it and he said it's delicious

      Delete
  6. Wow they are so delicious! I wanna it all!
    Reference Japan Restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went for sushi tonight and it's so yum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lazada : My TOP 10 Wish list : Effortless Online Shopping : Lazada 4th Birthday 2016

Lazada is a well known e-commerce company, but how many of you know that Lazada is turning 4 this year? This year celebrates the 4th anniversary of Lazada in Malaysia!!! Happy Birthday Lazada ^_^ Since being their anniversary, Lazada had offered me to write down my Top 10 wish list for my birthday. Usually everyone will have a wish list during their anniversary, so do I. Although I am a female blogger, but my wish list below is more into gadgets and most of them are available through Lazada. Let me share with you what are my top 10 wish list. 1. Apple MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch) 2.7GHz DC / 8GB / 128GB Why MacBook is first on my list? I am a Web & Graphic Designer, and sometimes on my blogging, I do need to edit videos; which MacBook Pro is supporting graphics and video. Besides, the battery life is up to 10 hours wireless web. The MacBook Pro also has an APP name iMovie , which is making our jobs easier on editing video. For more

DaYung's (Paradigm Mall) Kelana Jaya

Da Yung's Freshness in a cup Which is located in Paradigm Mall, in front of Tesco. Fresh X Green X L ife What I love about DaYung's? - 100% natural ingredients - 100% fresh juices - No preservatives My favorite 4 drinks (recommended): Best Seller!  Mango Smoothie   RM 10.50 20% off Promotion date: (Valid until 14 Feb 2016) "I love this smoothie the most, it melts right after you drink." Must try!  Cherry Tomato Smoothie   RM 8.50 Promotion price: RM 7.50 Promotion date: (01 Feb - 07 Feb 2016) (07 March - 13 March 2016) The alluring red, with the sweetness of plum juice, completes your satisfaction with the freshest flavour. "This is the best Cherry Tomato Smoothie I've ever tasted." Must try!  Kumquat juice with Chia Seed & Aloe Vera   RM 8.50 Promotion price: RM 7.50 Promotion date:

Food Review: Der Backmeister

Welcome to D er Backmeister!!! Artisan German Bakery and Coffee Shop that serves traditional type of healthy bread. I have never been to a bakery that serve acidity coffees, delicious meals that allows you to choose types of bread, meat slices and mustard/ game by yourself. So, what's special about this bakery shop? They bake their breads in the shop daily, and I mean every morning since 3am. They never keep their bread for the next day. One of the reason I love this shop is their vintage feel of environments here. Once I stepped into Der Backmeister, the atmosphere here tells me they are nothing similar as any other cafe, you have to visit here by yourself to experience it only then you will able to tell me how you feel about this unique bakery type coffee shop. Oh, not to mention their services here, you will need to self-order at the counter, first thing you will know is greet by their friendly staff and warming conversations. You could even get their r