Skip to main content

Why Do Women Wear Lipstick? | G9Skin First Lipstick | Joanne Wee


Hurray! Welcome back! In this blog, I shared on the 5 lovely shades of lipsticks by G9Skin.

Let me share with you some personal experience of mine with lipsticks.


"I don't use to wear lipsticks due to I used to have bad experiences on lipsticks. I believe everyone at first do not know what lipstick brand to go for. I bought 1 lipstick years back, and it cause my lips dry, itchiness, cracking, and peeling.

Nowadays, I tried lipsticks whichever are natural ingredients or recommended by friends around me or from sponsors (cause I don't need to spend and I get to try)."
by Joanne Wee



(That's my hand 😂 Beautiful colours!!!)


Once I tried on G9Skin Lipstick, I fall in love with them. They moisturized my lips, and I look totally difference in 5 shades. Besides that, G9Skin lipstick it's really different, it has 2 key moisturizing ingredients:

1. Shea Butter
Soothe and moisturize chapped lips and dry skin


2. Tocopheryl Acetate
Synthetic Vitamin E that moisturizes lips

I know some you are thinking why women wear lipsticks? Why do we need to buy so many of them? Why do we need to spend extra money? Look at the images below, do I look more attractive?













Why Do Women Wear Lipstick?



Simply because lipstick can add-on some confidence and is already a fashion states to women. It's also identify a women's personality depends on what colour she use or choose.

Most of the women love to use lipstick almost daily. Lipsticks makes them look better, sexier and more feminine. Lipstick add a sparkler charm on your face and yes, it make you looks more prettier, and lipstick is something that always in fashion.





History of Lipstick (
source: Julie Hewett)
The first reported use of lipstick goes way back to 3500 B.C. when the queen of ancient Sumeria used white lead and crushed red rocks to color her lips. Men and women of Egypt used lipstick as a status symbol. Women in ancient Greece often wore red lipstick. The use of lipstick was even criticized by the Church in the middle ages, but trendsetters like Queen Elizabeth wore a mixture of cochineal, egg whites, gum Arabic and milk. Some people in past times believed lipstick had magical properties and could also prevent illness or death.

As the centuries went on, the use of lipstick became more common as women strove to look their best. Lipstick became a symbol of female emancipation in the early 1900s, bolstered by the endorsement of the suffragettes. The swivel tube, used today by the majority of lipstick brands, was invented in 1923 by James Bruce Mason, Jr.

Colors and lipstick materials continued to change as make-up became more common for women. By the 1970s, bright colored lipstick was a symbol of sexual and social rebellion. In the 1980s red was the “it” color. Super stars like Madonna were known for wearing red lipstick, and the public followed suit. In the 1990s, natural colors and ingredients became common. By the start of the 2000s, lipstick represented over $9.4 billion in sales for the cosmetic industry.





Comments

  1. You looks so beautiful on the midnight red color, babe <3

    Love,
    MissJasJas
    www.missjasjas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe :)
      The lipsticks are really nice ... making me in love with them ... hahaha

      Delete
  2. thanks for all this formation is amazing
    http://www.jamilakamana.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lazada : My TOP 10 Wish list : Effortless Online Shopping : Lazada 4th Birthday 2016

Lazada is a well known e-commerce company, but how many of you know that Lazada is turning 4 this year? This year celebrates the 4th anniversary of Lazada in Malaysia!!! Happy Birthday Lazada ^_^ Since being their anniversary, Lazada had offered me to write down my Top 10 wish list for my birthday. Usually everyone will have a wish list during their anniversary, so do I. Although I am a female blogger, but my wish list below is more into gadgets and most of them are available through Lazada. Let me share with you what are my top 10 wish list. 1. Apple MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch) 2.7GHz DC / 8GB / 128GB Why MacBook is first on my list? I am a Web & Graphic Designer, and sometimes on my blogging, I do need to edit videos; which MacBook Pro is supporting graphics and video. Besides, the battery life is up to 10 hours wireless web. The MacBook Pro also has an APP name iMovie , which is making our jobs easier on editing video. For more

DaYung's (Paradigm Mall) Kelana Jaya

Da Yung's Freshness in a cup Which is located in Paradigm Mall, in front of Tesco. Fresh X Green X L ife What I love about DaYung's? - 100% natural ingredients - 100% fresh juices - No preservatives My favorite 4 drinks (recommended): Best Seller!  Mango Smoothie   RM 10.50 20% off Promotion date: (Valid until 14 Feb 2016) "I love this smoothie the most, it melts right after you drink." Must try!  Cherry Tomato Smoothie   RM 8.50 Promotion price: RM 7.50 Promotion date: (01 Feb - 07 Feb 2016) (07 March - 13 March 2016) The alluring red, with the sweetness of plum juice, completes your satisfaction with the freshest flavour. "This is the best Cherry Tomato Smoothie I've ever tasted." Must try!  Kumquat juice with Chia Seed & Aloe Vera   RM 8.50 Promotion price: RM 7.50 Promotion date:

Food Review: Der Backmeister

Welcome to D er Backmeister!!! Artisan German Bakery and Coffee Shop that serves traditional type of healthy bread. I have never been to a bakery that serve acidity coffees, delicious meals that allows you to choose types of bread, meat slices and mustard/ game by yourself. So, what's special about this bakery shop? They bake their breads in the shop daily, and I mean every morning since 3am. They never keep their bread for the next day. One of the reason I love this shop is their vintage feel of environments here. Once I stepped into Der Backmeister, the atmosphere here tells me they are nothing similar as any other cafe, you have to visit here by yourself to experience it only then you will able to tell me how you feel about this unique bakery type coffee shop. Oh, not to mention their services here, you will need to self-order at the counter, first thing you will know is greet by their friendly staff and warming conversations. You could even get their r