Skip to main content

Joanne Wee | Christmas Cupcake Workshop @ At 19 Culinary Studio | At Nineteen Culinary Studio


When talk about baking, I used to bake cakes with my mom almost every weekends when I was in the primary school. But for now I can only wish to bake because I do not have an oven at my home now and it's been a while till I can't really remember how to do it.

Christmas is coming soon!
so the first thing that came into my mind was my family. I wanted to give them a surprise, especially to my mom. I decided to take part in Christmas Cupcake Workshop which held at At 19 Culinary Studio and learn how to bake cupcakes ^_^ 
Special thanks to The Butterfly Project Malaysia & Tammy to give me this opportunity.



"This is At 19 Culinary Studio, I love the ambient very much.
It is a HOME KITCHEN concept and the recipes we were teach to bake are mostly available at home."





"Ingredients are ready for us as well !"

Suraiya: "Now 20 of you need to be separated into
4 person each team."
 She first brief us on how to bake our own cupcakes and she have to handle 4 naughty students that are more on having fun all the time >.<
(just a note, Suraiya is our instructor of the day.)


 Meet my team!
amd
Our cupcake of the day:
Red Velvet Cupcakes!!!
Jom! Jom! Jom!
We are all so excited

So these are the steps:

First: weigh the Butter
Second: add in the Sugar
Third: Mix them with planetary mixer machine
Fourth: then Add 2 eggs into planetary mixer machine*

This step is very important.
* Attention!
Break each egg in a small bowl & pour them into a bigger bowl,
next pour the 2 Eggs from the bowl into planetary mixer.
(It's to prevent on breaking rotten eggs into all other ingredients.)

Fifth: Follow by adding chocolates and flour bit by bit into the planetary mixer.
Sixth: Blend until the entire bowl is full of creamy chocolate.





Seventh: Add in some Apple Cider Vinegar into the bowl and make a final stir.
 

Eighth: Fill the cupcake cups with the material we prepare earlier.
(Take a spoon of the chocolate cream and fill up the cupcake cups slowly.
Center filled and try not to fill up from the side of cupcake cups.)

While waiting for cupcakes to be baked. let's move to the Toppings.


 "I was concentrating on Suraiya's teaching and demostration."


Ninth: Create the icing and decoration as the topping.
(Beautify cupcakes.) 


DONE!!!

"All of us are given a box to bring our cupcakes home."



Mom:"The cupcakes look delicious, was it baked by you?"
Me:"Yes!"

I felt so happy and she compliments about my cupcakes.
In future, I will try to make time and bake for my mom.

Thank you, mom, for being so supportive and lovely.

Thank you At 19 Culinary Studio & The Butterfly Project once again.
We had a lot of fun at the workshop.




At Nineteen Culinary Studio
No.19 Jalan Dungun,
Damansara Heights,
50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Website
http://www.at19culinary.com/

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/at19culinary/

Comments

  1. You guys so talented, the cupcakes are just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Suraiya is a good instructor, or else we will mess up the whole thing ... lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lazada : My TOP 10 Wish list : Effortless Online Shopping : Lazada 4th Birthday 2016

Lazada is a well known e-commerce company, but how many of you know that Lazada is turning 4 this year? This year celebrates the 4th anniversary of Lazada in Malaysia!!! Happy Birthday Lazada ^_^ Since being their anniversary, Lazada had offered me to write down my Top 10 wish list for my birthday. Usually everyone will have a wish list during their anniversary, so do I. Although I am a female blogger, but my wish list below is more into gadgets and most of them are available through Lazada. Let me share with you what are my top 10 wish list. 1. Apple MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch) 2.7GHz DC / 8GB / 128GB Why MacBook is first on my list? I am a Web & Graphic Designer, and sometimes on my blogging, I do need to edit videos; which MacBook Pro is supporting graphics and video. Besides, the battery life is up to 10 hours wireless web. The MacBook Pro also has an APP name iMovie , which is making our jobs easier on editing video. For more

DaYung's (Paradigm Mall) Kelana Jaya

Da Yung's Freshness in a cup Which is located in Paradigm Mall, in front of Tesco. Fresh X Green X L ife What I love about DaYung's? - 100% natural ingredients - 100% fresh juices - No preservatives My favorite 4 drinks (recommended): Best Seller!  Mango Smoothie   RM 10.50 20% off Promotion date: (Valid until 14 Feb 2016) "I love this smoothie the most, it melts right after you drink." Must try!  Cherry Tomato Smoothie   RM 8.50 Promotion price: RM 7.50 Promotion date: (01 Feb - 07 Feb 2016) (07 March - 13 March 2016) The alluring red, with the sweetness of plum juice, completes your satisfaction with the freshest flavour. "This is the best Cherry Tomato Smoothie I've ever tasted." Must try!  Kumquat juice with Chia Seed & Aloe Vera   RM 8.50 Promotion price: RM 7.50 Promotion date:

Food Review: Der Backmeister

Welcome to D er Backmeister!!! Artisan German Bakery and Coffee Shop that serves traditional type of healthy bread. I have never been to a bakery that serve acidity coffees, delicious meals that allows you to choose types of bread, meat slices and mustard/ game by yourself. So, what's special about this bakery shop? They bake their breads in the shop daily, and I mean every morning since 3am. They never keep their bread for the next day. One of the reason I love this shop is their vintage feel of environments here. Once I stepped into Der Backmeister, the atmosphere here tells me they are nothing similar as any other cafe, you have to visit here by yourself to experience it only then you will able to tell me how you feel about this unique bakery type coffee shop. Oh, not to mention their services here, you will need to self-order at the counter, first thing you will know is greet by their friendly staff and warming conversations. You could even get their r